Sunday, April 26, 2009

Farther Away...

One loses to a number of causes….one ages for different reasons…one dies through multiple symptoms. You wake up one morning and realize you have lost those cells that carried those few drops of love in your system…

How weird it sounds…unreal, ‘out-of-the-world’ kind… Yes it does. But I promise you its true. You can look into the mirror and see those fine wrinkles, those dark patches under your gray eyes, a witness to the toil you do…a toil you no more have a reason for… that’s death. Silent and growing.

The dreams have abandoned your sleepy brain as you simply notice the dirty sheet you wake up on and that clock that pushes you towards oblivion. The scariest part is to lose those important words. They are naked now…barren…single-colored…eliciting no response. He doesn’t clap, doesn’t laugh, doesn’t notice. And you move just an inch closer to death.

It all passes by you each day. You begin to wonder how you lived in those belated days, when the breath came easy and the smile reappeared often. It makes you bitter. The falsity of the effort grows. The purpose of the talk fades away. And you clutch that finality. The finality of standing on the nadir. You can clap.



2 comments:

Monica said...

Hi....I read this post before, and when I did the first time I wanted to check and see if the 'human', 'love' 'emotion' buttons in my system still worked....believe me it was a scary check...that is why I did not comment the first time around...and then like you have so aptly conveyed in your post one just gets used to and pretence takes over....I re-read and decided I must applaud the choice of words you have put across so pointedly that yes they make me bitter and sad but also make me think and possibly feel....thanks for trying to give the 'wake up call' if I may say so....beautifully written....keep writing!

Iridescent ... said...

Thanks again :)