Friday, May 29, 2009

Adrift...

The audacity of your weak attempt,
The feebleness of the YOU in you…
I can clap hands, I can shout, I can walk out, I can laugh aloud,
At you...
And at myself.
My boat is adrift.
Thanks to the radio silence you supplied
On that weak weak day…
(Your patent analogy of Pearl Harbor mocks me.)
The dark signal that broke something….
That anchor for sure, and a lot of other things I presume...
A heart or half was also dashed I think….
The perversity of circumstances we say,
Or, lets call it of character.
The equivocator in you, the fool in me?
The generous waves call out
Time to abandon that shabby cloak
The stained abode
And drift away from agony…
To a sadder, clearer shore…

6 comments:

Ashar said...

Wow!

Monica said...

Amazing flow of emotions.....hats off ma'am. Keep writing.

Iridescent ... said...

@ Ashar- Thankee!!

@ Monica- Thanks!

shah_of_blah said...

Like the anger scalped out with rythm and force..

Sohini M. said...

at any rate any "you" imaginary or real can be xcused if it spurs your creative process!

Iridescent ... said...

Dear Alahomora...I don't think I can excuse a real "you"... :)