Saturday, August 22, 2009

Life this way...

These are impromptu days of an impromptu life. Packing, unpacking, moving, walking, eating, travelling...impromptu and continuous. The air is light and the clouds sensitive. They burst on you sometimes here, or they weep on alternate days. The Sun is clear yet benign. When I walk the wide roads amidst the green foliage, I sense a harmony around me. I am on my own. It startles me sometimes. Sometimes, I smile at the serenity of independent living. Bonds are nascent and unclear. A cup of coffee together, a session of book-reading in the library, a meal in the cafetaria, and you have mates. Or, a walk by oneself, an afternoon without people, a book to sleep on and you discover yourself.
After a long time today, I walked hand-in-hand through the heavy traffic and rain, ate pastries and had nariyal-paani, took delight in discovering places...like school children on an excursion. Came back smiling at the Sun-set and waving at the ink-smudged sky that promised fresh rains :)

2 comments:

Ashar said...

:))
I love this one seriously...one of your best

Iridescent ... said...

Thanks Ashar! :)