Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hollow

Let mists settle.
Settle old scores.

A zillion particles screech all around me
Tonight.
Their happiness bursts into contagious brown flames
Eating up my night sky.

Neon lights,
Fake lights,
Vaporous and dumb
My abode of knotted
desires.
Where are you?

This alien land of
Rude joy
Plucks out my peace.
Always.
This distance of a thousand miles
Scourges my mind
Incessantly.

And while the mists settle
Old Scores.
I fade away
Across the burning universe
Wistful
Eating White
Coldly.


4 comments:

ousu said...

Ridhima - "While the mist settles old scores, I fade away".. perhaps I got you wrong, but there is an underlying despair, with all the starkly lights on Diwali.. a sob amidst the crackers, which is too feeble to be heard or maybe preferred not to be heard aloud..

I am admiring your skills with verses and mightily impressed :)

Iridescent ... said...

Hello Ousu,
No, no, you got it right. :)
Just so. A slight whiff of despair in the festive air is most certainly there...

And thank you! :)

Sohini M. said...

bewilderingly wonderful:) by the by where were you when you wrote this?

Iridescent ... said...

I was in Lucknow for Diwali Sohini..felt pretty lost...
Now in Cal but only for a couple of days before I leave for the conference...see you soon..


And thanks! :)