Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Essay on My Family :) :

My name is ... I have one elder sister and one younger brother. My father is a teacher and my mother is a housewife. I love my parents very much. I also love my siblings. My sister and I love to read storybooks, while my brother and I often play cricket, badminton and football. My brother has often broken windowpanes, showpieces and cricket bats. My sister only breaks my head, eats it actually. My brother loves to eat and my sister loves to sleep. I love to talk. My dad loves to teach and my mom loves to cook. Every year we go out for summer vacations. We meet our cousins and often have picnics. My family also celebrates different festivals like Diwali and Holi. Diwali means rangoli and clothes to me, holidays to my sister and more food to my brother. It means a lot of expenditure to my father. My brother studies in a big school. He is always late and never finds his tie. My father also goes to his school but never wears a tie. My sister makes tasty parathas but eats a lot of them too. I don’t eat much, not food. I love to be with my sister in a joint in College Street. We often eat dosas there and discuss our future plans. We also go for movies, without informing people at home. My brother often finds out and goes about spreading it. My mother knows we do not go for buying books there, but she never complains. I also like her for the way she makes her bun. I always try doing my hair that way, but it will have to grow longer. I like the tea I get after coming home and love to stuff my pockets with dry fruits from my brother’s tiffin-box. My brother often pretends to sleep and overhears us sister talk. We then shut him out and he sulks around the house. But, my Mother knows how to cheer him up and comes with a plate of fried potato.

My sister has been away for three years now; my brother will be out to a new city too. I cannot miss them enough here, so I will go away too.

2 comments:

Ashar said...

You make me want to have siblings..I swear..I am missing so much!

Btw which city it is that you're planning to move to?

*Closes her eyes,clasps her hands and prays- Bombay Bombay, pls say Bombay*

Iridescent ... said...

:)
I don't know actually...but I do want to travel!
Bombay would of course be great!:P
But, I would be jobless!
Damn!I am getting serious here too!:P