Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Shadows...

There are voices standing outside my dilapidated door,
Abuzz with those same million sooty questions.

They chase me through the labyrinthine ways
Of my own dreams, demanding those hidden cloistered answers.

The last time that I had seen that face near the brown broken wall
I had promised it those answers I left folded in your trunk.

Now come back to me with them and save me from their eerie shadows
Those that have taken their abode under my weak window.

The damp walls of my rooms cannot parch their thirsty throats.
They want those names- mine and yours.

Shrewd promises of last summer prop their mutilated heads again,
And Spring comes lamely with its bag of false yellow hopes.

Come and tell them, it wasn’t my plan to mislead-
It was the wicked woman Destiny that led us on the wrong road…

Help me unpack my heavy bags of bricks and memories
Let us give them back to the hungry red river of yore.

Save me from surrendering on this rusty dead journey
The shadows are indeed dark and wise; you leave me again…stranded on the road.

No comments: