Thursday, June 11, 2009

Red and Yellow

I dreamt of the fountain today.
The fountain we were watching...
Red and Yellow,
Red and Yellow....
Were they symbolic?
The Lights?
Did they show me your colour and mine?
Red and Yellow
Washed down the fountain,
Or was it up and away that things went?
Things that buried our yesterdays,
Tainted the tomorrows.
I sat alone by the fountain today...
Clean and healthy it stood
Dancing at me,
Mocking at me,
Laughing at me,
The white of its calmness in tact...

The water safe in its furrow.
I know, I know
We took with us the Red and the Yellow,
The today, the tomorrow,
Burnt, scathed, scarred

Aplenty,
I now hoard the orange sorrow.

4 comments:

Monica said...

I absolutely love this one!!!!!

Iridescent ... said...

Thanks...

Sohini M. said...

What, is the fountain bothering you? then mock it and down with it:)

Iridescent ... said...

True Yaar! ;)